Commerce7 sends a reminder via email to club members when their credit card is declined for club shipments. As you know, club churn is a massive issue and your job as a winery is to recover all declined credit cards. If you don’t, you are literally leaving money on the table!
The problem is, email open rates are not great and many members miss this email or it ends up in their spam folder. Luckily texting does not have a spam filter, so we can be sure members will see this important reminder from Vimbibe.
Now to turn these on in Vimbibe:
- Login to Vimbibe and click on the Automation tab on the top menu.
- Click on the pink New Automation button.
- You now build the automation. For Type select Club. For Trigger select Club Member Shipment Credit Card Declined. For Action select Send a Text.
- You can customize your text message to include the customer’s first name, last name, and link to their account on your website to update their credit card.
5. Click the pink Save button when done. You are all set now. When Commerce7 sends their email about the club shipment, it will trigger Vimbibe and if the customer is opted-in for text messages, Vimbibe will send out this text automation during normal business hours.
FREE ADVICE: Some customers may be untrusting of a random text message asking them to click a link and update their credit card. We would be! That’s why we suggest you add your phone number to the message and encourage calls. Customers can easily verify it’s the same as the number on your website and know this is a legit message.